Found this little gem on the side of the curb by the AEPi House on North Broad Street. They just renovated their mini-mansion so I assume this is an artifact from that process. But it was just too charming for me to pass up.
I was walking back from class with a friend who happened to be on crutches, so I carried it halfway home and then solicited a neighbor's help the rest of the way.
My plans for this treasure go a little something like this:
- Rescue abandoned side cabinet from the garbage collectors.
- Clean and sandpaper the whole thing. Elbow grease!
- Purchase the perfect shade of cranberry paint, and clear a space on backyard patio where it's okay to make a mess.
- On a sunny afternoon, do a few coats of this lovely cranberry color.
- Purchase knobs for the front. I'm thinking either "Celebration" in antique brass or "Native Romance Nonva" in patine.
- Do some calligraphy on the sides i.e. Chinese or Japanese characters.
- Fill with bottles, books, or some other useful items.